Barbecue Chicken Dip
- 1 small rostisserie chicken
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of brown sugar
- 2 (8-ounce) packages of cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 2/3 cups ranch dip (I used Hidden Valley Ranch Dip Mix and Sour Cream)
- 2/3 cups WheelyQ Original Recipe BBQ Sauce
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, freshly grated
- chips or crackers for serving
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Shred chicken into bite-size pieces and set aside. Heat a skillet over medium-low heat. Add olive oil and onions, cooking until soft, about 5 minutes. Add in brown sugar and cook, stirring occasionally, until caramely. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, mix together softened cream cheese, ranch dip, 1/3 cup of WheelyQ Original Recipe BBQ Sauce, onions and half of the cheddar cheese. Fold in chicken.
- In a casserole or baking dish, layer the cream cheese mixture, smoothing the top off. Cover it with remaining BBQ sauce, then the remaining cheese. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until bubbly and hot. Serve with chips or crackers.