GORGONZOLA FILLED, BACON WRAPPED MUSHROOMS
- 12 large baby portobello mushrooms
- 1/4 cup WheelyQ Original Recipe Barbecue Sauce
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 2 oz. Gorgonzola, crumbled (or a nice smoked gouda, if you don’t like gorgonzola)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 slices thick-cut bacon
- Preheat grill to medium heat. Grease the grill lightly.
- Clean tops of mushrooms with a damp cloth and remove stems.
- In a small bowl, mix 2 tsp of WheelyQ Original Recipe Barbecue Sauce, cream cheese, blue cheese, salt and pepper.
- Divide cheese mixture evenly into mushroom cavities.
- Cut each slice of bacon in half. Wrap around each mushroom and place a toothpick into the mushroom where the bacon ends overlap. (Make sure the toothpick is sticking out the side and is not in the top or bottom.)
- Brush the remaining WheelyQ Original Recipe Barbecue Sauce on the bacon
- Grill mushrooms 5–7 minutes per side or until bacon has grill marks, is slightly crispy, and the filling has melted.